Our guests today included Chad Zeunen and Cassondra Kiley (Sec. of the Circle K Club).
The agenda follows
1. 2/25/16-Community Meal at the 1st Presbyterian Church.Volunteers need to be there at5:30
2. 2/23/16-Induction took place for the Circle K Club officers
3. A Hockey Game from last week was reported on
4. A Thank You was received from ISD for our support at their dance
5. We also got a thank you from Project 2nd Chance
6. We will be hosting a Blood Drive on March 1st at the American Red Cross building and we could use some help tearing down.
7. Our Next meeting will be at Nortel Lanes on 3/2/16 for the Special Olympics. If you can be there early please do so.
8. The Monroe Community College Circle K will be hosting a Bowling Fundraiser on March 3rd at 6pm at Monroe Sport Center
9. The bowling team took 5 points last night at bowling
Jason Ruhlig from Ruhlig Farms was our guest speaker today. It is a Family owned business, started in 1965 by his father. His Mother, 2 sisters and another brother work with their Dad to form the business. It is an evolving and growing Business. Just recently they opened a retail business on Telegraph Rd. in Flat Rock. They grow several varieties of vegetables and try new methods of growing. During their peak season they employee 200. A lot of their food is donated to MCOP and Gleaners for those less fortunate. Some of the things they focus on include :
- promote local produce through branding
- food safety
- facing challenges
Jason asked for questions from the members and also said that we could contact him for more information